Dr. Schurz studied human medicine at the Medical Faculty in Vienna and then successfully completed his specialist training in trauma surgery and the additive subject of sports traumatology at the University Clinic for Trauma Surgery in Vienna. Since 2012, Dr. Schurz has been the senior physician in charge of the ward at the University Clinic for Trauma Surgery in Vienna and from 2013 he was head of the sports outpatient department at the University Clinic for Trauma Surgery. In September 2017, Dr. Schurz also successfully completed the specialist examination for orthopaedics and traumatology and has been a specialist for orthopaedics and traumatology since 2019.
Dr. Schurz is certified as a sports physician by the Austrian Medical Association (ÖAK-Diplom Sportmedizin), has the emergency doctor's diploma, as well as the diploma for Mountain Medicine
Since January 2009, Dr. Schurz has been treating his patients in his practice in the Wiener Privatklinik in Vienna's 9th district.
Dr. Schurz performs about 500 operations per year and is therefore one of the most experienced trauma surgeons and sports traumatologists in Austria. He has been working in trauma surgery and sports traumatology since 2002.
- Fracture treatment - arthroscopically assisted treatment of joint fractures
- Arthroscopic Surgery & Endoprosthetics
- Sports Traumatology
- Ankle joint
- Range of services
- Complete accident surgery & sports traumatology care at a Level I polytrauma centre (Level one) as the solely responsible senior physician
- Austrian Society for Trauma Surgery
- Member AGA - Working Group for Arthroscopy
- Member of the competence centre for trauma surgery and sports traumatology at Wiener Privatklinik
- Member Arthrex Future Board
- Member of the trauma team at Wiener Privatklinik
- Member of the German Arthroscopy Registry "DART"
Certificates / Diplomas
ÖÄK Diploma in Sports Medicine
Additive subject sports traumatology
International Diploma in Mountain Medicine - International Alpine Doctor
Emergency doctor - Diploma Austrian Medical Association